OUR MISSION & VISION
Detroit Achievement Academy exists to holistically support the education and development of students who have the determination, drive, and skills to shape their own path of high achievement with the ultimate goal of creating civically engaged, joyful citizens who are ready to change the world.
DETROIT ACHIEVEMENT ACADEMY IS GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
- We believe in setting high standards for our students and supporting them to the best of our ability as they meet these standards and achieve their own personal goals.
- We believe in hiring highly qualified teachers and supporting them with high quality professional development.
- We believe that a project-based, arts-infused curiculum will allow our students to foster a selfawareness of their individual interests and strengths.
- We believe that the Detroit community is vibrant and full of educational value for our students. We will incorporate Detroit history and present-day developments into the everyday curriculum.
- We believe that the parents/families/guardians of each student are tremendously important roles in the student’s education and we will create and maintain high levels of communication with the people in this role.
- We will serve as a resource and community center for the families of our students to help them better support their student and help us better understand the students situation outside of the classroom.
- We will provide dynamic after-school programs.
- The Detroit Achievement Academy will embrace and foster the lost tradition of a school being a community center and hub of dialogue and change within a community.