DAA is eager to find dynamic, passionate people to help us shake up education in Detroit. Is that you?
To apply, please fill out the form found below and e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Lead Teacher (2018-2019)
Special Education Teacher (2018-2019)
Math Lead Teacher (6th grade) & Math Specialist (K-5) (2018-2019)
Arts Instructor (Music) (2018-2019)
Foreign Language Teacher (2018-2019)
Social Worker (2018-2019)
If you think your skill set is wildly unique and cannot be contained within the above job descriptions, feel free to send us a resume and highly persuasive cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the 2017-2018 school year, Detroit Achievement Academy will serve 140 kindergarten through fifth grade students . Our work is urgent and focused on providing a holistic education for each of our students. Our model is designed with diversity in mind—we draw students from all backgrounds, and we practice equity in all we do to ensure that every student in Detroit has access to and receives an exceptional education that prepares them for a lifetime of choice and opportunity.
Why working at DAA is Awesome
- DAA offers generous health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
- DAA contributes to employee retirement plans
- DAA provides up to $500 annually in reimbursable Wellness Funds (for anything that employees consider wellness -- a bike, yoga, anything!)
- DAA supports the innovation, creativity, and ideas of our staff and will do what we are able to do to support our staff as they pursue these ideas and goals
- DAA/GVSU offers DAA teachers up to half reimbursement for courses toward a Masters Degree from Grand Valley State University
- DAA serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner made from healthy, fresh ingredients every day
- At DAA, there are weekly student early release days to allow teachers time to plan & collaborate
We are looking for extraordinary leaders and learners to join our team who:
- Teach to give students a strong foundation of academic excellence,
- Foster the social-emotional and character development of young learners,
- Build a love of learning in all students,
- Engage families as partners in our students’ education,
- Commit to constant learning, reflection, and improvement of their own practice,
- Bring their passions and personalities to school every day,
- Thrive in a start-up environment, and
- Are committed to equity and the belief that all children in Detroit can reach their full potential as learners, leaders, and world-changers.